River Islands Academies
If you are interested in having your child’s name entered in a lottery for openings for the 2020-21 school year, please apply during the application window of February 10th -March 6. It does not matter if you apply on, February 6th, February 15th, or March 1st; all names submitted during this window will be placed in the lottery on March 25th. The lottery will be held with priority being given according to the preferences below.
NOTE: We do not anticipate that there will be any space for new students who do not reside within the Banta Elementary School District (River Islands is with the BESD).
All residents of Banta Elementary School District (River Islands is within BESD) along with applicants from outside BESD, must fill out the application for lottery/admission. The application for lottery/admission will be available on the school website February 10th- March 6th.
- Please submit your child’s name one time only.
- Kindergarten children must be 5 years old, on or before, September 1, 2020.
- If a public random lottery drawing is needed it will take place at the school sites on March 25th, 2020 at 10:00 AM. The public is invited to attend. Please check the website on March 24th to see if a lottery drawing will take place.
- If a Lottery takes place results will be posted on the website on March 27th, 2020.
- When the March admissions process has been completed for the projected seats available, the remaining names will be kept for future selection with priority given to residents of the district, which includes River Islands.
- Registration will begin on March 30th by appointment. (Details will follow at a later date.)
- If a student is selected during the admissions window, additional paperwork will be required before enrollment is confirmed.
If you are interested in learning more about our schools and touring the campuses, we have monthly tours scheduled for new residents, and/or prospective residents, of BESD, which includes River Islands. Please call the school offices for dates and times.
Admission preferences in the case of a public random drawing shall be as follows:
Children of teachers, staff, and founders (not to exceed 10% of River Islands Academies’ enrollment)
- Residents of the District (Includes River Islands)
- Siblings of existing students
- All other students
We are “College Bound”
Printable 2020-2021 Lottery/Admissions Information Sheet